Research Stream: Clinical Support Unit
Led by Andrea Baker, the Clinical Support Unit Group is looking to find better treatments for psychotic disorders. Funded by the John Cade Fellowship, and in collaboration with Associate Professor James Scott, the Epidemiology and Cadence Clinical Trials Group and staff from the Queensland Brain Institute have linked up with clinicians around south-east Queensland to:
- build a clinical trials platform in South-East Queensland
- working towards improving clinical outcomes for people with psychosis, particularly early psychosis
- concentrate on “augmentation” or add-on studies which are pragmatic in design
- safer and more effective treatments
- develop introductory clinical trials training to foster the next generation of researchers
Visit the Cadence Trials research website.
The Cadence clinical trials program has commenced randomised control trials of new candidate treatments for those with psychosis.